Sunday, December 7, 2008

Rogue Leaders




Congratulations are due my old friend, colleague, and all-around top man Rob Smith on the publication of his book Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts, just released by Chronicle Books. It's a gorgeous coffee-table edition that tells the tale of George Lucas' videogame company, and represents the culmination of almost two years' effort by Rob.

And it's a distinct honor for me to be named in the Author's Acknowledgments on the back page. Too kind of you, sir.

Plus: Check out the very bottom of the book cover. How freakin' cool is it for Rob to have his author credit right next to "Foreword by George Lucas"? Answer: completely cool.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Mr. Smith! Can't wait to check it out!

Moe.on.the.Moor said...

I like the cover - I always judge books by their covers, but only in the literal sense, not figuratively. I don't, for example, judge people by their looks...well...hmmm. I try not to anyway. I always feel sorry for the wonky cookies that don't come out right, they deserve to be eaten too. I meant that literally, not figuratively...or did I?

And in the tradition of Kristin, I can't resist saying that my word verification is "hoboduck"! I wonder what kind of superhero he'd be?

J.T. said...

Ridiculously cool. Are you next, Dan?

Daniel Morris said...

I barely have time to sleep! though I *am* making enough time to record some nerdcore rap with the great Jeremy Williams. Look for our debut joint soon...it's a collaboration with the infamous Captain Spalding.